Monday, April 12, 2010

Big Deal?

Disclamation : This post contains a lot of whines

You know, being a final year is distressing;

Initial thought "Ooh, I will be a final year student soon, I can bully the juniors, I can be and look superior because I am the senior, people will have to respect me, I will have more free time because there will be less classes and only final year project to focus on"

Yeah right. So much of the free time. Have to spend your free times in the lab doing labour works, and if you're lucky got someone to help you (in my case, boyfriend and housemates). Ok fine, not all those final year projects require you to go to lab and do heavy stuffs, there also those topics where you can develop software, things blablabla. But frankly, I dont regret in choosing my FYP topic because I prefer working with something substantial rather than working on software, but then, both categories are difficult.

That is only the beginning, being a final year student you have to think about your plans for the future, what you are going to do as soon as you step out of the uni and if you want to continue with your education, take MSc.

People would be thinking us Petronas scholars would be guaranteed with jobs at the Petronas but no, we actually have to attend some sort of tests, interviews and stuffs. And being a final year student means you would be worrying about who will employ you (if Petronas decides not to hire you) and how you would survive in the scary world out of the uni since you have been comfortable inside the compounds of uni, everything provided to you, given to you.

And oh, not to mention your parents expectation on you. Especially for the first childrens.

So you see how distressing it is being a final year student?? *hyperventilate* I bet my classmates will say the same thing too.

Ok, so I should stop worrying about the future and first decide if I would want to continue and take MSc instead of going straight into the industry.

Pros of taking MSc;
-Higher education
-Higher pay
-Higher standards (wow)

Cons;
-Studying, dunno if I can take more of that
-Stuck in uni for at least a couple of years in addition
-You have to do extensive research and be hardworking

Talked to mom about this, she said "You dont have to worry about working life yet, what you should consider is if you still want to study"

She got a point there, but I still worry about the future, I am usually the go-with-the-flow type, but I cant help worrying about this. Thinking about talking to the sponsorship officers about the sponsorship options and also some lecturers about this. But the thing is, am I even qualified for this kind of thing? Hm.

On an irrelevant note, I dont dare look at baby's pictures anymore, in case if it would make me miss him too much.

At least, I am sure of this future, will graduate from uni in less than a year.

Ha, been a long time since I have ideas to write. Ok, byebye.

p/s : Would appreciate some advice from friends too :)

5 comments:

Rose Idayu Roslan said...

aku pun same..akhirnye ade sumtng nk tulis kat blog..
aku rse, kau sesuai utk jadi student lg la skrg compare dr ko keje. sbb kau nmpk comel sgt utk bekerja jd serius.nnt sume org buli ko.hahha

.::R A F I::. said...

hahaha
comel bukan kene buli
takot kene ngorat je
kesian kamal

kamal said...

agree with ur mum and rose..hahaha

kalo xnk kene ngorat duk umah je la jd suri rumah sepenuh masa..hehe

wani gaga gugu gege said...

@rose : haha.. tp kan kalo nk study punye la penat.. skrg pun da start malas nk study.. blom lg ble da grad nnt.. wah

@rafi : tu lah kesian kamal.. hahahh

@kamal : boleh jadi full time suri rumah but kena kasi allowance RM5k sebulan. oh itu tak include blanje utk brg rumah oke

MEL said...

Hahahaa...
Aku pun cuak gak final year ni!
Tak heaven lgsg!
But we have to make this last year a beautiful one kan?
Hehehe...
:))

Just go with the flow...
Kalau Pet tak panggil, jom sambung master!